I was having a pretty rough week, and Thursday I had pretty much a melt down in front of poor Jack. Friday night he came home from work and pulled out a dozen red roses. I figured it was because of the day before. Clever boy.
All day I had been asking him about my ring, but he said he had stopped by the store and it wouldn't be ready until Saturday.
Earlier that day Jack had called me and asked if I wanted to go for a walk that evening between his two jobs. After he came home, and we fixed the roses, we started for a nearby park. Once at the park, Jack took off my ring to "play" with it -- and that's when I knew. He had my ring!! But he said nothing. He slipped my ring on, I felt it with my pinky just to check my suspicion and then squealed in delight! :)
We marveled over the ring for a while before heading back to the house. I told him he had to get on one knee at least once. OH JACK! He did, and I giggled in awkward happiness. Let me just say, Jack knows me. The fact that he DIDN'T propose to me on one knee shows just how much he does. I am not that mushy and it totally makes me squirm. :)
Here's my ring!
The emerald again.
So, there's our story!
4 comments:
It's beautiful, Danielle!! Congrats!
It's perfect! Great job Jack! Is there a wedding band and if so have you seen it?!
I agree -- it's totally perfect!
No wedding band yet. I'm thinking I might just like a thin band. He won't pick it out without me, so...
:)
very beautiful
Tauna Faulkner
Post a Comment