Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Registered at...



It's true folks.  We registered at the place all couples register, but for good reason -- they are super cool.  It was my first time in there and I thought it was a wedding registrars (?) dream.. kinda.

Here's the link:  www.bedbathandbeyond.com
We are: Jack Townsend and Danielle Crowther (hopefully you know that)
Registry # 8779538

A FEW WORDS about our registry:
  • I DO NOT actually have 50 pairs of shoes.  Jack was being a wise guy and said to me, "Hey, this gives you something to shoot for" (or something along those lines)
  • DO NOT buy the Captain Morgan light....
  • If you haven't figured it out already, I let Jack do the scanning
  • We don't really need an $8 ice cream scoop...  :)
  • It seems like some of the stuff we scanned is rather expensive (to me) and so, remember, this is also to just give you an idea of things we'd like.  Plus, it's fun to dream.
  • Because Jack and I have lived on our own for so long (and because my mom's been so good about giving me things to "salt away 'til my wedding day"), we're pretty good on most household items. There's a serious lack in bedroom linens, because neither one of us has ever owned a queen size bed, but especially kitchen...well, what we've scanned is what we don't have.  There ya go.
FUTURE registry plans:

We are going to register one other place, though we haven't decided where yet.  We'd like outdoor stuff, which is something Bed Bath and Beyond was missing.  More on that later.

ALTERNATIVE gift ideas:

If using the gift registry isn't really your thing, here's a list of alternative gift ideas (this is just a rough list) --
  • Sentimental stuff (you know...pictures and stuff)
  • 24 hour fitness memberships
  • gift cards to grocery stores (We don't have Albertson's here, just FYI.  Major stores are Save-More, Scolaries, Smiths, Safeway, Raleys, Wal-Mart.)
  • If we don't end up registering for it -- gardening tools, seeds, etc.  :)
Hmm... I had so many ideas earlier.  I'll think on it some more.

And, of course, MONEY is always welcome -- or more or less preferred.

Boy we sound greedy.  Please understand that these are suggestions, not demands.  

At this current time, we realize that everyone is STRUGGLING something fierce, so here is an article I found on how to cut wedding gift costs:  http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/MoneyInYour20s/6WaysToCutCostsOnWeddingGifts.aspx


No comments: